It's always nice to get good, positive feedback and it’s especially good when it comes from a commissioning manager from a local authority that places young people in our care.
Local authority commissioning managers regularly visit our schools and homes as part of their due diligence and quality assurance. Their visits are in addition to the OFSTED inspections.
This is a summary of the report for Wings School Cumbria and could be described as glowing.
- There is sound leadership which models and promotes a good rapport between staff and young people.
- Young people are relaxed and happy and have positive relationships with staff.
- Professional feedback was positive and commented on the progress that young people have made- with one young person on target for good GCSE grades.
- The home and school environment are nurturing.
- Staff teams are motivated, have access to regular and appropriate training and are supported by an experienced manager.
- Transitions between school and home are managed well so key communication is shared and achievements of young people are recognised.
- Children benefit from a range of opportunities and experiences- including after school activities and holidays abroad.
- Children’s individual needs are met and staff know young people well. This was shown to support young people developing relationships and regulate their emotions.
- Children feel safe and settled.