David* is a student at Wings School Cumbria and here he tells his story and his ambitions for the future.
“I have been at Wings Cumbria for several years and moved in to the post 16 house from the bungalows recently. Since then I am aiming to achieve many new life skills. I’ve done and achieved lots of different things. I have:
- Passed my GCSEs
- Started my Motor Mechanics Level 2 course at a local college
- Started my Independence Pathway Plan
- Budget my own money that I receive each week
- Independently go to college
- Go home independently by train
And I have:
- Started a relationship
- Registered for my own home with the local council
- Done work experience at a local garage
- Organised my own driving/bike lessons
When I leave Post 16 and Wings Cumbria I am aiming to move to a local town and find a job so I can stay in the area as I have made a lot of friends at college and feel at home here in Cumbria.
*Name has been changed to protect confidentiality