In preparation for adulthood, we provide education, care, therapy and clinical services, within a nurturing, caring community, that result in the best quality of life outcomes.
At High Peak School our ethos and values are based on the vision that:
- Young people with SEMH, ASC and other presentations can continue to develop skills and strategies that enable them to participate as independent, valued citizens, enjoying equal rights, opportunities and a good quality of life.
- An eclectic, flexible, personalized approach utilizing strengths and interests is necessary to the development of individual skills.
- Through working alongside children and young people, developing ‘power with’ relationships, effective strategies can be developed that enable them to contribute to, and be consulted with, on all aspects of their lives. Children and young people in our care will flourish, have fun and achieve.
- Consultation through listening to those who use the service and their representatives is key to evolving practice and provision.
- The same principles apply to the way we work together as a community of staff.
High Peak School positive expectations:
H - Healthy and well
I - Independent
G - Growth mind-set
H - Happiness
P - Prepared
E - Engaged
A - Aiming high
K - Kindness and compassion
Our reward system is based around these expectations, which help children and young people to develop behaviours that prepare them for adulthood and a good quality of life.
For more information view our Prospectus.