Teaching Assistant / Learning Support Assistant – SEN Specialist
Kirklington, Newark / Mansfield
Salary: £16,377 + benefits
Term Time Only
Here at Wings School Notts we are currently looking to recruit two passionate Learning Support Assistant's / TA's to join our team in Kirklington, Newark. This position will be working in our independent residential school based in Kirklington, Newark which specialises in providing care and education for young people with EBD and SEMH. The school caters for children and young people who have struggled in mainstream education environments and whose needs have subsequently been unmet. The Learning Support Assistant will become part of a team that specialises in delivering curriculum designed to meet individual needs and give our students the best possible educational outcomes. At Kedleston our students benefit from our unique, bespoke creative curriculum with strategic support from multidisciplinary teams of therapists, and we are looking for the next member of our teaching team to enhance their learning experience.
Due to the needs of our Young People experience of working with autistic / SEN students is beneficial.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- To work under the guidance of the class teacher to support teaching and learning in the classroom
- To provide general support to the class teacher in the management and organisation of the pupils and the classroom
- To use behaviour management strategies effectively and in line with the school’s policy and procedures, which contribute to a purposeful learning environment
- To promote the inclusion of all pupils ensuring they have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop
- To be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health and safety, security and confidentiality, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
- To work 1:1 with an allocated student and provide support in all educational areas
The main responsibility of this post is to provide high quality teaching and behaviour assistance for an allocated class or pupil within the Wings Nottingham site of Kedleston Schools, a detailed breakdown and job description is available on request.
- Evidence of working with challenging behaviour
- Awareness of safeguarding young people
- GCSE C grade or above in English and Maths or equivalent
- High degree of resilience, would suit individuals from a HM Forces / Policing background
- Good communication skills
- Team player
In return for your hard work and commitment to the role Kedleston will offer:
- Competitive salary
- The opportunity to join a supportive and well established team
- The support to progress in your career
Wings School is part of the Kedleston Group Ltd, which is an independent provider of SEMH day and residential schools as well as children’s homes across England. We look for people who have the creativity and enthusiasm needed to deliver the best outcomes for the children and young people we support. We offer staff a comprehensive induction programme and ongoing training to ensure everyone is provided with the best possible start to their employment. Kedleston welcome and nurture staff through the organisation's training provision and seek staff and leaders who are motivated and focused in their delivery of the best education and care support. We have vacancies across England for management, teaching, care, support, administration and ancillary roles within this rapidly developing organisation.
Kedleston Group Ltd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff to act in the best interests of our pupils at all times. Successful candidates will be asked to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.